Monday, April 04, 2005
In other news from the weekend
or really, from last week now that I think about it.
Downstairs Patrick (or as my grandpa calls him, "smooth face Patrick," not to be confused with "whiskers Patrick", or Upstairs Patrick) had me over to share his wonderful new mp3 downloading software. Holy cow. May I suggest that at this point you bookmark me, come back and read later, but head over to www.allofmp3.com and start downloading NOW. It utilizes some loophole in Russian law and charges you by the byte per download. Each song (depending on the speed/size you download it) runs from three to about six cents. Plus they give you twenty cents just for signing up. Downstairs Patrick downloaded an entire album (Iron Maiden- don't ask me) for Upstairs Patrick for a buck forty. I downloaded some fabulous German music, the new Jack Johnson single, and some Snow Patrol, as well as some other songs. My most favoritest new song right now is a little ditty by Eric Clapton. It's a pretty tune by the name of "Little Rachel." The chorus is "Oh, little Rachel, oh." He sings this over and over. I LOVE it. Some other jewels from this downloading session (and I didnt' even use the whole dollar's worth of downloading Patrick promised me) include a few tracks from Peaches. I find her stuff to be hit or miss music wise, but wow. The words.
The other bit of excitement from the weekend is that I went to the Wake Up Fest. There was plenty of people watching (boys in skirts, which I think is adorable in a hippie way, a lion tamer, the ballerina of death, pleather- it was a field day), plenty of kicking it with good people, and lots of good tunes. Plus, I now know that if you're ever in a pinch and need some socks/shoes all in one, you can wear the bag cover things for folding canvas chairs. Saved my toes from frostbite, I am sure. There were five (six?) stages, and tons of music going all day. Oh, there was also wrestling as well. Good stuff.
The festival was at the county fairgrounds, often used for things involving critters, which explains the following pic:
Downstairs Patrick (or as my grandpa calls him, "smooth face Patrick," not to be confused with "whiskers Patrick", or Upstairs Patrick) had me over to share his wonderful new mp3 downloading software. Holy cow. May I suggest that at this point you bookmark me, come back and read later, but head over to www.allofmp3.com and start downloading NOW. It utilizes some loophole in Russian law and charges you by the byte per download. Each song (depending on the speed/size you download it) runs from three to about six cents. Plus they give you twenty cents just for signing up. Downstairs Patrick downloaded an entire album (Iron Maiden- don't ask me) for Upstairs Patrick for a buck forty. I downloaded some fabulous German music, the new Jack Johnson single, and some Snow Patrol, as well as some other songs. My most favoritest new song right now is a little ditty by Eric Clapton. It's a pretty tune by the name of "Little Rachel." The chorus is "Oh, little Rachel, oh." He sings this over and over. I LOVE it. Some other jewels from this downloading session (and I didnt' even use the whole dollar's worth of downloading Patrick promised me) include a few tracks from Peaches. I find her stuff to be hit or miss music wise, but wow. The words.
The other bit of excitement from the weekend is that I went to the Wake Up Fest. There was plenty of people watching (boys in skirts, which I think is adorable in a hippie way, a lion tamer, the ballerina of death, pleather- it was a field day), plenty of kicking it with good people, and lots of good tunes. Plus, I now know that if you're ever in a pinch and need some socks/shoes all in one, you can wear the bag cover things for folding canvas chairs. Saved my toes from frostbite, I am sure. There were five (six?) stages, and tons of music going all day. Oh, there was also wrestling as well. Good stuff.
The festival was at the county fairgrounds, often used for things involving critters, which explains the following pic: