Tuesday, March 29, 2005

What I'm Doing Today.

I am putting together a bridal shower. Except that I'm pretty lucky that it's not a whole lot of work for me. D'Lytha's aunt is hosting it for us. Alison is helping me design the invitations (hopefully she'll actually do the design, not because I'm trying to get her to do my work for me, but because she does fabulous and amazing artwork). Really all I have to do (it seems) is get these invites in the mail tomorrow, take the RSVP phone calls, and harass, I mean remind, people who don't RSVP. I have to come up with some sort of activity/something like that for the shower, but we're not playing games, so that's good too.

Besides the shower, I'm trying to pick a car. I don't want to jinx myself, as there is absolutely no progress with my insurance stuff, but I've started to look around a bit at what's out there. I can't buy Japanese, and I'm not sure if I will buy Volkswagen (bit of research to do on slave labor recompensation stuff). Looking at American cars, I'm not too stoked. I love my Focus, but it's an '02. The redesigned '05 is just not nearly as pretty as my car. I haven't ever really been a huge Chevy girl, and I don't even know what GM options there are. I can tell you that I do not like Pontiacs, so knock the Sunfire off the list now. I'm open to suggestions here. Please let me know if there's a car you think would be a perfect fit for me and my needs.

Of course, I have to throw in the fact that it is ridiculous that I have to go through the hassle of finding a new car when I loved the one that I had. You know, the one that the asshole destroyed when he ran a red light with reckless disregard for the safety of others on the road.

In happier news, my neck and back are feeling a little better. Therapy today wasn't as awful as it has been. I do weight machines, a stationery bike, and a sort of bike thing for my arms, and water therapy, plus some heat thingy. I don't know what it's called, but they put these pad things on my lower back and neck and then these lamp things very close to my back. Apparently it's like a super concentrated heat lamp thingy that goes straight to my muscles. I thought I would feel like an ant under a magnifying glass, but I barely even felt any heat at all. Weird.

Yesterday I went to visit Kathleen and Owen (the world's cutest baby). We went to Lowe's, where Kathleen the mom made me drive one of those little cart scooters because my back pain was so bad yesterday. I resisted at first, but boy was it fun once I got going. I think I looked a little silly, but I had fun. Check out the pictures of my adventure.
Comments:
I'm with the other guy, stick with the scooter. Sure it's less practical, but you can take it anywhere! Just remember, no kids in the basket.

Are you new-car hunting or used-car hunting? Around the value of a '02 focus? 2 doors? 4 doors? My Consumer Reports annual is at your service.....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?