Friday, March 11, 2005
Update on the Aftermath of the Gravel Truck Incident
(a tale of woe in many parts)
First off, I would like to say thank you to everyone who called and/or posted to check on my well-being. I felt very special having so many fabulous, wonderful people expressing concern about little old me.
And now, for the update.
After a couple of y'all suggested it, and after I could not get either my insurance company or the asshole who ran me over's insurance company to call me back, I have retained legal counsel. (doesn't that sound fancy?) I've met with him a couple of times now, signed a bunch of stuff, and hopefully I will get a rental car out of all of this, and I'll get it pretty damn soon.
Before I forget- another HUGE thanks go to my sister and Patrick for driving my sad no-car self all over town, at the disruption of their own schedules. Y'all are awesome.
Back to the update- pretty much my lawyer is doing all the stuff now, and people tend to return calls when you throw in "counsel" or "representing" a lot more, I bet. I had to go to the doctor to get checked out today. A lot of people told me that it's not uncommon for stuff to creep up later as a result of the accident, so I wanted to try and see if everything looked okay. That was an adventure and a half. My belly button ring looked awesome in the x-rays. Also- turns out I have a long torso because I have an extra vertebra. Who knew? I have to go for physical therapy for a few weeks and have a check-up. The doctor will decide then if I have to have more therapy. That will be another adventure and a half.
I think that's about it for now. After having a pretty bad few days in a row, I get to go see the greatest band in the world tonight. I don't think the timing could be any better.
First off, I would like to say thank you to everyone who called and/or posted to check on my well-being. I felt very special having so many fabulous, wonderful people expressing concern about little old me.
And now, for the update.
After a couple of y'all suggested it, and after I could not get either my insurance company or the asshole who ran me over's insurance company to call me back, I have retained legal counsel. (doesn't that sound fancy?) I've met with him a couple of times now, signed a bunch of stuff, and hopefully I will get a rental car out of all of this, and I'll get it pretty damn soon.
Before I forget- another HUGE thanks go to my sister and Patrick for driving my sad no-car self all over town, at the disruption of their own schedules. Y'all are awesome.
Back to the update- pretty much my lawyer is doing all the stuff now, and people tend to return calls when you throw in "counsel" or "representing" a lot more, I bet. I had to go to the doctor to get checked out today. A lot of people told me that it's not uncommon for stuff to creep up later as a result of the accident, so I wanted to try and see if everything looked okay. That was an adventure and a half. My belly button ring looked awesome in the x-rays. Also- turns out I have a long torso because I have an extra vertebra. Who knew? I have to go for physical therapy for a few weeks and have a check-up. The doctor will decide then if I have to have more therapy. That will be another adventure and a half.
I think that's about it for now. After having a pretty bad few days in a row, I get to go see the greatest band in the world tonight. I don't think the timing could be any better.