Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Strange Coincidence and a Random Link

So I rented this movie a few days ago. It's a Dutch movie called Zus & Zo that I hadn't ever heard of, but I was intrigued by the plot. Basically there's this family of three sisters and their little brother. The father said in his will that the brother would get the family hotel in Portugal if he got married by a certain age. His sisters are pretty certain the hotel is theirs as their brother is gay. However, two weeks before his birthday, they find out he's getting married and so they set about to ruin the wedding to keep the hotel for themselves.

Anyway, point is that this was a totally random selection I made a few days ago. I settled down with my heating pad and knitting last night and watched this pretty enjoyable (yet slightly random in European ways). The movie was over at ten till ten, but I wasn't quite ready to go to bed yet. I started flipping through the digital cable guide thingy to see what was coming on at ten. Lo and behold, what movie was coming on at ten o'clock on the Sundance channel? Zus & Zo. I personally think that this is pretty damn trippy. I mean, what are the odds? It's not like I rented Love Actually, which is constanly on HBO (and which I seem to watch just about every time it's on). I had never even heard of this movie before. Please tell me that someone else out there thinks that the odds of this happening are pretty miniscule.

It could just be the pain meds influencing my thinking. Yeah, I think that the delayed pain that people kept telling me could happen has happened. It's a bit better today than yesterday, but I am seriously sore and in pain. I can't do my hair toss right now, which may be the greatest travesty of all.

But I don't want to talk about the wreck for now.

Here is my present to you, happy readers. Well, this present is really for my Texas readers. I've told one or two of you about this already, but in case you're one of the people that haven't heard about this, here you go:

http://www.window.state.tx.us/up/

This is the link to the State of Texas Unclaimed Property site. You can search through here to see if you've forgotten some money in a bank somewhere, or if someone tried to get a check to you and it just didn't quite make it. For instance, I found a paycheck that I never picked up from Hastings for $94. How awesome is that? I found a check my mom was owed for $240. Pretty cool, no? So go- search. I hope you find some forgotten money. And for my out of state readers, there are some links to sites in other states.
Comments:
Not the hair toss! ash.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?