Tuesday, February 08, 2005
Things I want to tell you.
Due to my slacking in the area of blogging lately, I am going to continue to list things as it is easier for me to catch up on all sorts of stuff.
Here is today's update/excitement:
I FINISHED WRITING MY THESIS.
Should I type that again in case you had as much fun reading it as I did typing it? I think I will.
I FINISHED WRITING MY THESIS.
hahaha! I love it!!! Granted, I still have editing and revision stuff to do, and I am by no means ready to have it bound and be done with it. However, I feel as though I have reached a major and most fabulous milestone and want to share it with everyone who reads my blog. (all four of you)
In other news, I am still loving my new job. My boss is awesome, my coworkers are really cool, and it is just a pretty sweet gig. Working in a slaughterhouse playing Tejano music would be a better job than the last one, but this job is a million times better than the slaughterhouse, and at least a billion better than that awful campaign I worked. ran. whatever.
On my way to work every day, I walk past this car that has a bumper sticker which says "Destroy what bores you on sight." I find that sticker to be stupid and boring, and the car it is on is really pretty lame in the grand scheme of things. It is tempting. Every day. I've always wanted to pull someone else's bumper sticker off (having had my stickers removed on occasion) and I've also really always wanted to break a window. And have it taped and replayed in slow motion. But that's just random.
My sweet adorable wonderful Peanut is in obedience class. She is the cutest and the smartest (and the shortest by far) one in there. I think she's doing pretty well on everything except for heeling, but we just started that one.
Did I mention I finished my thesis?
Finally, I would like to tell all of you to hug and/or thank your mother at the next opportunity you have. I've been hanging out with my friend and her three-month old lately, and she amazes me with all the work she does to take care of him. There are feedings, changings (both diapers and the clothes), burpings, attempts at nap time (he doesn't sleep very long at a time), the herculean efforts to prepare a baby to go anywhere, and a million things I'm not even thinking of. Plus (and I want you to think about this) he can't talk. He is hungry or cold or wet or tired or thirsty or grumpy and all he can do is just wail. That's got to be pretty frustrating not to be able to just say "hey Mom- can I have some food?" And of course, it goes without saying that he is super tiny and squishy. That's the part that makes me the most nervous I think. Of course, he is also incredibly adorable and really pretty nifty. He makes some sounds and really cute faces, and is going to grow up to be one smart kid.
Basically, all this is to say that I had no idea how much work a baby is. I mean, I never thought caring for infants was a cakewalk, but I never realized just how labor intensive it all is. I don't really remember my sister when she was a baby, probably because I was pretty mad at my mom when she brought her home. (family lore is that when mom brought Booger home I said "she's going to live here?")
When you were little, you cried and fussed and messed up a lot of diapers and were really hungry and a lot of work. So quit reading this and go thank your moms or whoever took care of you when you were a baby.
But then remind them of how damn cute you were. Babies are really pretty nifty.
Here is today's update/excitement:
I FINISHED WRITING MY THESIS.
Should I type that again in case you had as much fun reading it as I did typing it? I think I will.
I FINISHED WRITING MY THESIS.
hahaha! I love it!!! Granted, I still have editing and revision stuff to do, and I am by no means ready to have it bound and be done with it. However, I feel as though I have reached a major and most fabulous milestone and want to share it with everyone who reads my blog. (all four of you)
In other news, I am still loving my new job. My boss is awesome, my coworkers are really cool, and it is just a pretty sweet gig. Working in a slaughterhouse playing Tejano music would be a better job than the last one, but this job is a million times better than the slaughterhouse, and at least a billion better than that awful campaign I worked. ran. whatever.
On my way to work every day, I walk past this car that has a bumper sticker which says "Destroy what bores you on sight." I find that sticker to be stupid and boring, and the car it is on is really pretty lame in the grand scheme of things. It is tempting. Every day. I've always wanted to pull someone else's bumper sticker off (having had my stickers removed on occasion) and I've also really always wanted to break a window. And have it taped and replayed in slow motion. But that's just random.
My sweet adorable wonderful Peanut is in obedience class. She is the cutest and the smartest (and the shortest by far) one in there. I think she's doing pretty well on everything except for heeling, but we just started that one.
Did I mention I finished my thesis?
Finally, I would like to tell all of you to hug and/or thank your mother at the next opportunity you have. I've been hanging out with my friend and her three-month old lately, and she amazes me with all the work she does to take care of him. There are feedings, changings (both diapers and the clothes), burpings, attempts at nap time (he doesn't sleep very long at a time), the herculean efforts to prepare a baby to go anywhere, and a million things I'm not even thinking of. Plus (and I want you to think about this) he can't talk. He is hungry or cold or wet or tired or thirsty or grumpy and all he can do is just wail. That's got to be pretty frustrating not to be able to just say "hey Mom- can I have some food?" And of course, it goes without saying that he is super tiny and squishy. That's the part that makes me the most nervous I think. Of course, he is also incredibly adorable and really pretty nifty. He makes some sounds and really cute faces, and is going to grow up to be one smart kid.
Basically, all this is to say that I had no idea how much work a baby is. I mean, I never thought caring for infants was a cakewalk, but I never realized just how labor intensive it all is. I don't really remember my sister when she was a baby, probably because I was pretty mad at my mom when she brought her home. (family lore is that when mom brought Booger home I said "she's going to live here?")
When you were little, you cried and fussed and messed up a lot of diapers and were really hungry and a lot of work. So quit reading this and go thank your moms or whoever took care of you when you were a baby.
But then remind them of how damn cute you were. Babies are really pretty nifty.
Comments:
<< Home
Thesis finished! That's great, i am really proud of you.
On the baby note, don't forget the prenatal work that mommys put in as well. I am pretty lucky that mine still thinks i am the cat's meow.
ash.
On the baby note, don't forget the prenatal work that mommys put in as well. I am pretty lucky that mine still thinks i am the cat's meow.
ash.
I am doing a Rachel Finished Her Thesis Dance!
And yes, I have seen this fellow with the "Destroy" sticker many a time. It being my street and all. I can assure you, he is about as boring as his Mazda Protoge. When I see him, I always think, "Should I destroy you? You have bored me on sight."
And yes, I have seen this fellow with the "Destroy" sticker many a time. It being my street and all. I can assure you, he is about as boring as his Mazda Protoge. When I see him, I always think, "Should I destroy you? You have bored me on sight."
I have this address saved now so you can say that FIVE people read your blog.
That whole "thank your mom" thing was pretty tender. I was kind of shocked.
I like you.
Your FAVORITE sister, Booger
That whole "thank your mom" thing was pretty tender. I was kind of shocked.
I like you.
Your FAVORITE sister, Booger
And I read it, too, even if I don't always comment. Many congratulations on finishing your thesis! That's a huge milestone. Good luck with the editing and all that jazz! Miss you, Becca :)
Post a Comment
<< Home
