Wednesday, February 16, 2005
If I Had a Gazillion Dollars...
After I gave lots to all my favorite charities and political groups and what not, I would pay a scientist to make an invention for me. What I would want is a helmet. But not just a regular, boring helmet. No, I'd want a helmet so that I can see the world the way that Peanut sees it.
Basically, I want someone to make a helmet that could modify my senses so I see and hear things the way Peanut does. The helmet would make things black and white, and I think dogs see things with different spatial qualities as well. I'd want to have super awesome microphones or something that would give me super hearing. And I think, if at all possible, I want super-duper smell. I read somewhere that if you come home from eating pizza, that your dog can smell not only the pizza, but can smell the cheese, sauce, and bread individually, plus the other people that were there.
I'm sure you all think I'm nuts, but come on- wouldn't it be cool? It might help me figure out why Peanut is so randomly scared of some things, such as the NBC weather chimes, or how she knows I'm coming home before I'm even in the driveway.
Personally, I think she knows I'm coming home because she's the best dog ever.
Basically, I want someone to make a helmet that could modify my senses so I see and hear things the way Peanut does. The helmet would make things black and white, and I think dogs see things with different spatial qualities as well. I'd want to have super awesome microphones or something that would give me super hearing. And I think, if at all possible, I want super-duper smell. I read somewhere that if you come home from eating pizza, that your dog can smell not only the pizza, but can smell the cheese, sauce, and bread individually, plus the other people that were there.
I'm sure you all think I'm nuts, but come on- wouldn't it be cool? It might help me figure out why Peanut is so randomly scared of some things, such as the NBC weather chimes, or how she knows I'm coming home before I'm even in the driveway.
Personally, I think she knows I'm coming home because she's the best dog ever.