Sunday, October 31, 2004
The end, again
As many of you know, I love campaigns. Even though the hours are insane, the candidates can be nuts, and there's a lot of bullshit to deal with, I really do enjoy the work. Well, not the work so much as the lifestyle. Working campaigns means a lot of hanging out with your friends and drinking. You get to know your co-workers pretty well pretty fast, and you really go from co-worker to friend quite quickly.
Unfortunately, you also go from co-worker to spread back out across the country pretty quickly. Although I haven't worked with my buddies up here as long as I worked with my Dean crew, I'm going to miss them just as much. The knowledge that I'm about to have to say a lot of goodbyes diminishes the excitement of Election Day just a little. But I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
Unfortunately, you also go from co-worker to spread back out across the country pretty quickly. Although I haven't worked with my buddies up here as long as I worked with my Dean crew, I'm going to miss them just as much. The knowledge that I'm about to have to say a lot of goodbyes diminishes the excitement of Election Day just a little. But I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
Comments:
<< Home
Don't look at it like you're saying goodbye. I only say goodbye to people who I know I'll never see or probably never talk to again. That's very different from "...until we meet again..."
This is one of the few benefits (although it certainly doesn't feel like one at first!) to living in a college town for so long...you come to understand the difference and, over the years, appreciate it.
You're just saying "I'll see ya later" or "I'll see ya when we meet up next time." Take this blog, for instance; we've got more ways to communicate with one another than we have the time and ability to utilize all of them. There's free evenings and weekend on cell phones, email, text messaging, listservs, online photo albums...
Even though it's not the same as sitting across the table from someone and having a beer, there's plenty of ways to stay in touch between those beers. Good relationships and good friendships will always make it through those times in between beers so that the beers are that much sweeter when they come along.
~Patrick
Post a Comment
This is one of the few benefits (although it certainly doesn't feel like one at first!) to living in a college town for so long...you come to understand the difference and, over the years, appreciate it.
You're just saying "I'll see ya later" or "I'll see ya when we meet up next time." Take this blog, for instance; we've got more ways to communicate with one another than we have the time and ability to utilize all of them. There's free evenings and weekend on cell phones, email, text messaging, listservs, online photo albums...
Even though it's not the same as sitting across the table from someone and having a beer, there's plenty of ways to stay in touch between those beers. Good relationships and good friendships will always make it through those times in between beers so that the beers are that much sweeter when they come along.
~Patrick
<< Home
