Thursday, July 01, 2004
John Kerry- Man of my Dreams. (No, really)
So, check out my dream from last night. I am so not making any of this up.
It's November 2, 2004 (aka Election Day) and I'm at the Barley House, in beautiful Concord, NH. We've just finished watching all the results come in, and John Kerry has lost the election to George W. Bush. A door to the back room opens up (which does not really exist to my knowledge), and out walks a sad, defeated John Kerry.
He's walking out to his car and I go up to hm and tell him that even though I worked for Howard Dean, I voted for him in the general and am sad that he lost. He says, "Thanks, Rachel." Now- in my dream I had apparently interviewed with the Kerry people during a period of discontentment with the Dean camp. So John Kerry then says, "Thanks for interviewing with us. Here's your ring you dropped while you were there." He then gives me back my favorite ring (and one of two rings I own), my great-great-grandma's engagement ring. It really made my finger burn, which was kind of weird.
I walk him out to his car and we talk about how worried we are about the future of the country, the growing politics of divisiveness, the standing of America in the world, and so on. As we're getting outside and closer to his car, Theresa comes up and walks with us. She's really nice and wearing really expensive looking clothes. We get to his car, he thanks me again, and then he and Theresa drive off in an Accord.
How weird is that? Maybe I've finally come to terms with John Kerry and can vote for him now. I'm definitely open for interpretations on this.
It's November 2, 2004 (aka Election Day) and I'm at the Barley House, in beautiful Concord, NH. We've just finished watching all the results come in, and John Kerry has lost the election to George W. Bush. A door to the back room opens up (which does not really exist to my knowledge), and out walks a sad, defeated John Kerry.
He's walking out to his car and I go up to hm and tell him that even though I worked for Howard Dean, I voted for him in the general and am sad that he lost. He says, "Thanks, Rachel." Now- in my dream I had apparently interviewed with the Kerry people during a period of discontentment with the Dean camp. So John Kerry then says, "Thanks for interviewing with us. Here's your ring you dropped while you were there." He then gives me back my favorite ring (and one of two rings I own), my great-great-grandma's engagement ring. It really made my finger burn, which was kind of weird.
I walk him out to his car and we talk about how worried we are about the future of the country, the growing politics of divisiveness, the standing of America in the world, and so on. As we're getting outside and closer to his car, Theresa comes up and walks with us. She's really nice and wearing really expensive looking clothes. We get to his car, he thanks me again, and then he and Theresa drive off in an Accord.
How weird is that? Maybe I've finally come to terms with John Kerry and can vote for him now. I'm definitely open for interpretations on this.
Comments:
<< Home
Maja- you are a genius. Perhaps I shall change your blog's link to "Maja- the genius." Hmmm....
Seriously, I am very impressed with your interpretation. It could really mean something along your proposed lines as I had that dream Wednesday night after a long evening of discussing politics and my impending return to NH with Essam. Good job Ms. Gray.
Seriously, I am very impressed with your interpretation. It could really mean something along your proposed lines as I had that dream Wednesday night after a long evening of discussing politics and my impending return to NH with Essam. Good job Ms. Gray.
Rings also tend to be traditional symbols of unity, which could mean that you are indeed reconciled with the former opponent.
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing a Maja, you dreamt you were in NH for election day. Is that a dream, or did you finally find a job up here? Hey-- Wait, wait... maybe you found your dream job up here!
-AFM
http://blog.baldtop.com
-AFM
http://blog.baldtop.com
c'mon-- spill the beans! Are you coming back to NH? Who are you working for?
--AFM
http://blog.baldtop.com
Post a Comment
--AFM
http://blog.baldtop.com
<< Home

