Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Balance is important. That is why I've hurt my other foot.

No seriously, I have. Just when my left foot with the bone bruise starts to heal up and I quit limping, I hurt my right foot. In fact, it looks like I've broken my pinky toe. It's an awful color of purple and swollen twice as big as the other one. The brusing has started to spread down my foot a tad. It's seriously yucky looking.

In other news, I hate my job. It takes me about ten minutes to walk from my car to the building, a normally thirty second walk. The boys I work with are so rude and mean. I want to quit, but if I do, that means they win. Like I can let that happen, come on. Apparently, because I'm offended by racist, sexist, and anti-semitic comments, it's my fault that I am uncomfortable at work. No, it's not the fault of people who say such things. It's all me, and apparently I am the subject of much conversation when I'm not around, the conclusion of which is that I'm too uptight. Does anyone else find jokes about how a book called "Studies of Swallowing" should be in Women's Studies offensive?

I am in such a rut, it's unbelievable. I've got to find a new job, write my thesis, and get the hell out of Denton. Anyone looking to adopt a political activist, just let me know.

In happier news, Essam is coming to Denton to have dinner with me tonight. If you don't know who Essam is, let's just say that he's what the "good weekend" vague posting was all about last week.

I'm off to the pool now.
Comments:
Rachel is not to be trifled with...BY ANYONE! I shall smite those who make her unhappy. Smiting folks tends to make Johnny Law unhappy with you, though, but if not for that I would have cut a mighty path through those who would injure her or take her lightly.

Burlage knows she's loved by one person in Denton...and I'm only anonymous here because I'm too much of a yutz to remember my Blogger login.
 
Rachel, it's Tim. I can't believe I'm commenting on your blog. I've come to a new low. I've realized that I have too much time on my hands at work. That's what commenting on a blog teaches you. I hope you're doing well, I'm in DC right now working for a 527. Yes, that's right, no campaign work this summer. Having a 9 to 5 job is refreshing. And listen, if you can work in the Concord office for 6 months, then you can definitely work in this hell-of-an-office.
 
Mad bling-bling to Burlage from Lawrence, KS!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?