Monday, May 31, 2004

Is there a verb form of 'contusion'?

Have I contused my foot? Was I contused? I am not really sure, but the end result of a mishap in the pool is that I have a contusion on my foot. Basically, as the doctor put into layperson's terms for me, that means I "bruised the hell out of [my] foot." Translated into my terms, it means it hurts like heck and I have to keep it iced and elevated. I'm going to swim today though. The doctor said I could. I feel so dumb for hurting my foot swimming. I mean, how dumb is that? If I had to estimate how many flip turns I've done in my life, it would be roughly a million, give or take a few thousand. It's not like it's hard. It's not like you need a slide rule to calculate optimal distance from the wall for a turn.

Oh well. I'll only be laid up a few more days. I look like such a dork limping. People stare at me. In case you're one of those people who is completely rude and stares at people who have physical issues which affect their mobility, let me tell you now that it is rude to stare. I've always known that, but as the recipient of such stares now, let me doubly emphasize that it is not nice.

Other than that, not a whole lot going on. Went to a party on Lake Lewisville Saturday night. World Echoes, the international student's group at UNT, really knows how to put on a party. They rented a two story party boat, complete with a slide, to take out on the lake. They drive around for a while and then drop anchor so that people can play. There's a grill and a CD player and it's really just a ton of fun.

The West Wing viewers' choice marathon is on Bravo right now. Three episodes I voted for made it to the countdown. I am only going to get up to change the ice in my ice pack. That's what I call a fun Memorial Day.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?