Friday, May 21, 2004
Gender Based Stereotypes Can Be Fun!
So, I found this really cool website in the midst of reading on my favorite Washington scandal du jour- the scandal is about the Washingtonienne and her blog, the website is http://www.bookblog.net/gender/genie.html, The Gender Genie. Basically, you enter text (over 500 words preferably) into the site, say if it's fiction/non or a blog, and then it analyzes for gender. Someone was using it to figure out if the new Washingtonienne's blog is by the same author. I entered a short blog post and it said I was a boy, but it was only 150 words. I entered a longer one instead, and suddenly it said I was a girl. Fun fun fun.
Also, my little sister is pretty cool. She is the funniest person I know. She is also forbidden from going to Voertman's.
Also, my little sister is pretty cool. She is the funniest person I know. She is also forbidden from going to Voertman's.
Comments:
<< Home
Well that site had me scared for a minuite. The last 2 of my pathetic blog entries came up as female, but then it started hitting male a good portion of the time.
Post a Comment
<< Home
